Vision Statement: In leading short-term mission trips, resulting in life-long relationships, ekissa will develop strong future leaders of Uganda. Through demonstrating the hope and love of Christ in tangible and relevant ways, ekissa will create new opportunities for sustainable spiritual, educational, and economic development.
ekissa seeks to increase the flourishing of the people in Bweya Village Uganda, through:
- encouraging the awareness of all local indigenous resources,
- promoting the development of domestic and international collaborations,
- maintaining a children’s home to care for orphaned children,
- providing a highly sought-after educational experience,
- establishing a local medical clinic to improve over-all health and wellness through quality health care and excellent service.
Translating to "mercy" in Luganda, the native language of Uganda, ekissa is a 501(c)3 nonprofit serving Bweya Village. Since its founding in 2009, ekissa has made over 20 trips to Uganda on the three acres of property that now hold a children's home, church, school, farm, and clean water source all in which serve the Bweya Village community. Other projects include vocational training in tailoring, crop rotation, and livestock farming (particularly pigs). These projects would not exist without the help of generous donors, the Ugandan staff, and trip participants.
ekissa's motto is "serve to bless, blessed to serve." ekissa's founder Sarah Hales describes, "While individuals serve through the ministry of Ekissa to be a blessing, in turn, the Ugandans bless us far more than we could ever bless them."